Firstly, you have to make sure that you have the right binaries on your phone. Many manufacturers preload different versions of Android on their phones. However, if you want to install a custom ROM, you can choose a version of Android stock ROMs that matches your device’s model number and manufacturer. Some custom ROMs are even different operating systems. A Bootloader (or HBoot) is the first checkpoint in the boot (or start) of the OS. It is responsible for checking the security of both the hardware and the software while a device boots up.
- Most companies prohibit installing custom ROM or rooting your phone.
- And OmniROM is the best for advanced users of Android.
- Read Me Once
- The procedure can vary based on the manufacturer of the device.
Once your device has been selected, you must click the “Flash” button. Once complete, your device will be unbricked and restored to factory settings. From the MiFlash tool, you will need to select the folder where you extracted the ROM. Once the ROM has been selected, you must click the “refresh” button. This will display all of the devices connected to your computer. If you own a Xiaomi device, there may come a time when you need to unbrick it and restore it to factory settings. This can be done by flashing the device with a stock ROM.
- He also offers patched variants of Odin (known as “3B patched”) that are capable of bypassing a number of Samsung-imposed obstacles while cross-flashing.
- To unbrick your Xiaomi device, you will need to download the stock ROM for your device.
- On the other hand, many users like to flash a custom ROM that offers a variety of features and customization options.
- The developed Custom ROMs differ from the original source code in features and looks.
This backup will contains almost everything from your phone contacts to apps and games. If you’re a rooted user, you have the privilege not only to backup Android installed apps but also the system apps. So if you have already rooted, just hop over and download Titanium Backup application from the Play Store. In this guide, we will show you the steps to backup your MediaTek firmware using SP Flash Tool. One of the biggest perks of having an MTK device is the plentitude of tools that it beholds.
This way, they can get more functionality without the hassles of restoring the phone. While it isn’t as easy as you may think, you’ll soon be able to install the ROM you want on your phone. If you’ve been wondering how to install a stock Android ROM on any phone, you have come to the right place. This tutorial will walk you through the process step by step.